Founded in 2005, the Pikes Peak Children’s Museum is an emerging children’s museum in Colorado Springs and a member of the Association of Children’s Museums. This means we do NOT have a physical building that you can visit yet! However, as we work to create a permanent children’s museum in Colorado Springs, we are reaching our community through educational outreach programs, community events and PPCM sponsored events. Check out our calendar and come see us at an event around town!
To develop and operate an innovative children’s museum to serve the Pikes Peak Region.
A dynamic place for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for lifelong learning.
The objectives of the Pikes Peak Children’s Museum are to provide
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging, and fun educational experience focused on children ages 0-10;
- A place for children to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for lifelong learning;
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them;
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community, and elementary educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
The Case for a Children’s Museum
Why Colorado Springs is an ideal location!!
- 6 million+ people visit Colorado Springs annual!
- PPCM will generate new job sources
- Children’s Museums are known to be great catalyst for revitalizing neighborhoods
- It is predicted that Colorado Springs will surpass Denver in size within the next 10-15 years
- Although there is direct and indirect competition for a children’s museum, PPCM is determined to foster relationships and create partnerships or collaborations with other businesses and organizations within the city!
We believe a compelling case can be made for opening a children’s museum in Colorado Springs. If you’re skeptical about the benefits of a children’s museum, check out the following resources: