We’re looking for some committee members to help run the museum! Our committees generally meet for one hour every month. Committees include at least one board member and usually 4-8 additional volunteers. All of our committees are currently looking for a few additional volunteers. Check out our committee descriptions below and then email us at email@example.com if you’d like to find out more!
- Events Committee. Our events committee plans Noon Year’s Eve (including working with local businesses to fill out our silent auction), decides which local events and festivals we’d like to be present at, recruits volunteers to represent us at festivals, and plans VIP events. This would be a great fit for you have experience recruiting volunteers OR if you’re great at connecting with businesses OR you’re a natural at running a spreadsheet OR you throw excellent parties.
- Education Committee. Our education committee works with our Director of Education & Outreach, Erica, to create and plan the programs we run with kids in classrooms and in the community. This would be a great fit for you if you’re a teacher OR you’re creative/crafty.
- Fundraising Committee. Our fundraising committee tackles fundraising big and small. They do it all, from reaching out to community philanthropists to identifying effective and efficient fundraisers and creating sponsorship opportunities for local businesses. This is a perfect place to plug in if you’re a financial professional, a fundraising professional, you have experience organizing fundraisers (here’s looking at you, PTO and PTA moms), or you’re outgoing and not afraid to ask for support from individuals and businesses in the local community.
- Operations Committee. Our operations committee is looking for locations for the museum to call home, maintains our database, and keeps our organizational credentials and memberships current. We could also use people with a talent for scouting locations and a few super-organized folks to help us keep all our ducks in a row!
- Communications Committee. Our communications committee runs our PR and advertising, maintains our website, does our graphic design work, keeps in touch with the community via social media, writes our press releases, and creates our emails. Anyone with experience in marketing, PR, social media, journalism, copywriting, photography, videography, or design would be a great help here!